HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA DOUG!!!
BRAD'S :) BIRTHDAY QUIZ:
1. How old will Dad be this birthday?
Doug: 60
Angie: 19
Christian: 57
Candis: 60
Paige: 60
Alex: 39
Shareesa: 60
Julia and Emma: 60
Jan: The BIG SIX - ZERO!
2. Where would he most like vacation?
Doug: Miami and Virginia
Angie: Home
Christian: Public answer: "Anywhere with my family." Real answer: Dude ranch.
Candis: Where his children live
Paige: Wherever his grandkids are
Alex: French Riviera
Shareesa: Bear Lake
Julia
and Emma: Bear Lake
Jan: Where his children live
3. If Dad could have a super power, what would it be?
Doug: A Green Thumb
Angie: Super Strength...wait. He already has that!
Christian: Telekenesis. You would never have to deal with losing the remote control again.
Candis: Be the Ultimate Mr. Fix-It
Paige: Super Strength
Alex: Super Speed
Shareesa: To be able to make incredible food every time he tried. Oh, wait- he already has that :D
Julia
and Emma: Fly
Jan: To irrigate without getting his cuffed jeans wet
4. What is his dream job?
Doug: Ranch Cook or Owner
Angie: Rancher
Christian: Ranch Hand
Candis: Sheep Rancher in Australia
Paige: Work on a Ranch
Alex: Shepherd
Shareesa: Mayor of Providence;)
Julia & Emma: Milk Cows
Jan: Ranch Owner and Professional Cowboy
5. Which church calling has been Dad's favorite?
Doug: 11 Year old Scouts
Angie: Scouts
Christian: Guy who hands out programs.
Candis: High Councilor
Paige: Scouts
Alex: Father
Shareesa: 12 year old Scouts
Julia and Emma: Scout Leader
Jan: High Councilor
6. Where did he serve his mission?
Doug: New York, Cumorah Mission
Angie: New York
Christian: Upstate NY
Candis: Cumorah Mission (New York)
Paige: Cumorah, New York Mission
Alex: New York
Shareesa: New York Mission
Julia
and Emma: New York
Jan: Cumorah, New York Mission
7. What is his favorite movie?
Doug: Lewis Gates, Wilderness Stew "Last of the Dogmen"
Angie: Star Trek
Christian: Man From Snowy River
Candis: Lewis Gates Wilderness Stew
Paige: Lewis Gates Wilderness Stew
Alex: Dave
Shareesa: Dave
Julia and Emma: Same as Grandma :)
Jan: Lewis Gates-(Last of the Dogmen) and While You Were Sleeping
8. Name all of the types of animals Dad has raised:
Doug: Sheep, chickens, pigs, cows, horses, turkeys, dogs, children
Angie: Chickens, cows, sheep, and kids
Christian: Sheep, cows, chickens, dogs, children.
Candis: Sheep, Chickens, Cows, Pigs, Horses, Turkeys, Dog
Paige: Pigs, Horse, Chickens, Goat, Sheep, Bulls, Cows
Alex: Sheep, cows, chickens, horses, children
Shareesa: Horses, sheep, llamas, cows, chickens, cats, and one dog
Julia
and Emma: Same as Grandma
Jan: Sheep, Spiff, Cows, Chickens, Pigs, Horses, Dogs (Lucky & Miss Brown), Children
9. Who is his favorite musician/band?
Doug: Michael Martin Murphy, Tony Bennet, Michael Buble
Angie: Imperial Glee Club
Christian: Tie between Maroon 5 and Merle Haggard
Candis: Bar J Wranglers
Paige: Michael Buble
Alex: Akhenaten and the Amarna Heretics
Shareesa: Bar J Wranglers
Julia and Emma: Same as Grandma
Jan: Michael Martin Murphy
10. What is his favorite food to grow in his awesome garden?
Doug: Tomatoes, Potatoes, Squash
Angie: Everything! If I had to choose one, it would be the tomatoes.
Christian: He's proud of the corn but would say the tomatoes
Candis: Garlic
Paige: Garlic
Alex: Squash
Shareesa: Garlic, Tomatoes, & Potatoes
Julia
and Emma: Garlic
Jan: Everything...but the tomatoes the very most! At least, those are MY favorite!
I'd say we all did pretty good with our dad answers. I admit that I learned some new fun facts about WD because of this quiz. :) Dad, we hope you had a wonderful 60th birthday and we love you very much! Here are a few extra fun little tidbits about Dad that we love:
As an in-law I would have to say I really admire is patience and love for all that is around him. He has been so kind to everyone that comes into the family and I really admire that!
-Angie
One of my favorite memories of dad is working with dad. Whether we were working on the garden or the shed, around the house, inside or outside, we had a good time. Dad would put on his cowboy music and we would clean the house and do yardwork. -Paige
Douglas McMurdie is a swell father-in-law. I hope I can be as nice to my sons-in-law as he is to me (I doubt it though; I've already been seen polishing weaponry when my sisters' dates show up). He is friendly, sociable, mellow, and intelligent. I'm lucky to have him as a father-in-law. -Alex
My favorite DadDoug memory is when he came down to help us rebuild from scratch our front deck that had collapsed from wood rot. He sacraficed tons of time and was an expert on all kinds of building supplies and methods. I saw how selfless he was and it was a good experience that there's no way I could have done by myself. -Christian
I love that Dad always knows the Doctrine of the Gospel and thinks before answering your Gospel questions. We have had some very enlightening conversations and I look forward to more of those. I love you, Dad! -Shareesa
"Dad-Drive-By-s" when Dad is super sneaky and performs stealth acts of service. For example: new windshield wipers that I didn't notice until a storm 1 month later (and Dad didn't say a word about them) and random car-nappings to fill up my gas tank. Dad serves everyone in his life without expectation of being repaid for his love & charity. -Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment